TRANSPARENCY & SUSTAINABILITY
Anna Beck is committed to bettering the world, lifting up other voices, and using our jewelry as a bridge for awareness and change. We are committed to being ethical, thoughtful, and transparent. We strive to better our community, creating opportunities for our artisans to thrive in healthy conditions, offering above and beyond fair wages, all while sustaining a heritage skill. Whenever possible, we use best practices for sustainability. Our commitment is to continue to be better and do better every year.
- All artisans are given a safe working environment that prides itself on zero accidents. Proper safety equipment and attire is provided.
- All of our workshop artisans are fairly compensated, paid well over Indonesia’s minimum wage with the opportunity to earn bonuses, offering them an opportunity to provide better education to their families, healthy and safe homes, and opportunities to grow and advance.
- Work weeks are 8 hours a day, 5 ½ days a week, with paid holidays.
- Everyone receives health care, money for lunch and reimbursement for transportation to and from the factory.
- Remote work artisans are able to work from home rather than traveling outside of their village to help provide for their families.
All of our vendors whom we source from are required to sign an Anna Beck Supplier Code of Conduct. You can see a copy of this here.
OUR EARTH IN MIND
- We are currently off-setting our energy use by purchasing carbon offsets through Cool Effect, a crowdfunding platform that provides the opportunity to support carbon emissions reductions by funding carbon-reducing projects around the world. Cool Effect is a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. You can find about their projects here.
- Our packaging launched in late 2021 uses recycled paper and soy ink, eliminating all plastic from packages our customers receive.
- All Anna Beck pieces come with a 60-day warranty. We offer and encourage the use of our restoration services of all Anna Beck pieces within 1 year of the purchase date - sending your piece back to our workshop to be restored to its original glory.
We will always find ways to improve our sustainability efforts and commit ourselves to this work with full transparency.